DUKe - Data User Knowledge
Responsable d'équipe : Christine SINOQUET : Christine.Sinoquetatls2n.fr
Responsable adjoint : Mounira HARZALLAH : Mounira.Harzallahatls2n.fr
Pôle(s) de recherche :
The DUKe (Data User Knowledge) research group, part of the LS2N laboratory (UMR CNRS 6004), University of Nantes, aims at proposing querying, mining and learning techniques that take into account
- data types (relational, spatial, graphical, temporal, stream, etc.),
- expert knowledge or user interactions through adapted visual supports
Moreover, the objective of the research team is to provide algorithms that
- consider user-related data, in particular issues like privacy, fairness and the value of personal data
- allow to observe, analyze users' usage and then propose a user-system coevolution
Part of our work has, over the years, established connections with other research fields that handle large data sets, which analysis requires introduction of field-specific expert knowledge into models (biology, ethology, history, sociology, literature and education sciences).
Our current application fields are :
- Enterprise of the future
- Business Intelligence : customer relationship management, ...
- Manufacturing intelligence : predictive maintenance, ...
- Digital transformation : extraction and formalization of business knowledge
- Health of the future
- Personalized medicine : genome-wide association studies, ...
- Hospital of the future : treatment and immersion in virtual reality, ...
- Digital Humanities
- Learning Analytics : Mooc log mining, recommendation of teaching resources, ...
- Cultural heritage : helping historical resources annotation, recommendation of museographic resources ...
- Sociology, epistemology : cross-mining of digital traces, surveys and interviews
Thématiques de l'équipe
Our goal is to propose User-centered methods for Data management, Mining or Machine Learning. This involves four challenges